(This one's for you cat lovers out there)
Illustration Lock-In (No.1)
The MCA Illustration Club will be hosting Lock-Ins every other Saturday starting this Saturday! That will be a total of seven lock-ins where we will discuss artists, technique hold critiques, raise money, and whatever else interests you. We will start off this weekend with a Pajama Lock-in, as well as a Photoshop demo led by John Lee. Feel free to participate in the demo, as well as enjoy the coffee and food provided. Remember, it's a pot-luck, so bring your best Ramen! And your dorkiest pajamas! The lock-in starts at 9 pm in the illustration room, then anyone interested in improving their Photoshop skills can join John in MacLab 4 at 9:30 pm. So see you there!
In case anyone doesn't have a copy of the (tentative) schedule,
here are the upcoming events!
Lock-In Schedule (every other Saturday from 9 pm to whenever)
- 2/2- Pajama Lock-In/Pot-luck, sale
- 2/16- Photoshop painting tutorials/Pot-luck, sale (split b/w MacLabs and work room)
- 3/2- Critique Night/Pot-luck, sale (Painter and Illustrator Night)
- (Mid-term week 3/4- 3/8, Spring Break 3/10-3/17)
- 3/16- Movie Night (The Hobbit?)/Pot-luck, sale (for those staying for Spring Break)
- 3/30- Online Life Drawing/Pot-luck, sale
- 4/13- Visiting artist/Teacher Show ‘n’ Tell/Pot-luck, sale
- 4/27- Ink-off/Pot-luck, sale
- (Student Alliance Party 5/4, Last day of class 5/6)
Just in case you missed it as well, here are some more links as well!
Also, I'm continually updating the list on the right with all of our current members. I'm especially interested in trying to get all of the information (especially blogs or twitters or tumblrs or whatever I can to get all of you continually connected to one another). So if you're not listed, or I have your contact information wrong, or you have a better resource to see your current art, let me know!
And now... for that inspiration I'm always going on about!
(what's even handier is that she even gave out a tutorial on how exactly she does this... so if you haven't tried this method, I highly recommend that you try it to just explore that picture plane. http://kalidraws.blogspot.com/2013/01/searching-for-secrets.html )
Until next time, folks!